Kepler's Garden Future Room and Liminal Spaces 360° film screening Fulldome / VR & AR Lab of the Digital Arts department of the University of Applied Arts Vienna.
Action in the Nucleus (2017)
from an interdisciplinary creative process between gene-editing
scientists and a science visualization lab. This paper discusses the
creation of this 360° scientific computer animation, the usage of
data from the worldwide Protein Data Bank, and the audio-visual
presentation in an interactive dome setup. Since the topic is
significant for the future of humanity, further immersive experiences
inside cells including genetic engineering should be considered.
With researchers from the Bio Center Vienna and UBC Vancouver, Gerald Bast, Renée Schroeder, Ruth Schnell, Peter Weibel.
• In 2050, every ten years we will march into
a clinic and receive makeovers that will cure illness and regenerate decaying tissues, upgrade hands, eyes and brains.
• The development of fields, such as genetic engineering, regenerative medicine and nanotechnology, fosters prophecies.
• Biological engineering, cyborg engineering and engineering of non-organic being
• Regenerate decaying tissues, and upgrade hands, eyes and brains?
• We are a-mortal rather than immortal.
• Blueprints of our bodies!
• Change biochemistry and re-engineer our bodies and mind.
• Genetic engineering, regenerative medicine and nanotechnology?
• Upgrading the human body and mind.
• Is it impossible to re-engineer human minds? Organisms are algorithms, • and humans are not individuals.
• Hack humanity!
© Science Visualization Lab of the University of Applied Arts Vienna, Salzgries 14/1, 1010 Wien